What We Offer
Our Education & Employment programs give our clients the tools they need to increase their earned income, which is critical to maintaining stable housing. We have developed extensive knowledge and expertise to help individuals access individualized, trauma-informed adult education, job training and support services.
Employment Resource Center
Our Employment Resource Center offers one-on-one help with resumes, job searching, online job applications and career exploration. The Resource Center is also a great place to connect with our other education and job training programs.
- Monday-Thursday mornings: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday afternoons: 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
"No other program supports high-need, non-traditional students in this way."
- Bernice Morris, Director of Education & Employment
Certified Nursing Assistant Training
Our CNA Training Program prepares students to pass Rhode Island's CNA exam. Students receive 7 weeks of classroom and hands-on clinical instruction by a Registered Nurse. Our Employment Specialists help program graduates find and keep their jobs – a critical step in their path towards independence.
Interested in learning more information about the CNA program? Call (401) 270-7716 to register for an info session.
Roads to Success Pre-employment Program
Roads to Success prepares adults to join the workforce. This program helps individuals learn how to market their skills and present themselves confidently and professionally to potential employers. Topic areas include:
- Job search skills
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interviewing skills
- Career-awareness: identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Setting personal goals
The Learning Center: Adult Education
The Learning Center at Crossroads offers adult basic education through daytime classes and one-on-one, personalized instruction in the following areas:
- High school equivalency preparation
- National External Diploma Program (NEDP) preparation
- Adult literacy and math instruction
- Remedial help for students in other training programs
- Computer classes and North Star Digital Literacy certifications
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above education and employment programs, please give us a call at (401) 270-7716.